PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE ("SITE"). All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. By accessing and using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
Secret Compass may, at its sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions without notice to you. By continuing to access and use the site after these Terms and Conditions have been modified, you are agreeing to such modifications.
1. Billing: You may pay for your products purchased on the site in one of two ways. If you elect to submit an order electronically, you may provide valid credit card information on the shopping cart's form. By submitting such credit card information, you give Secret Compass permission to charge the credit card you designate on the form for the cost of the item(s), plus any applicable shipping, handling and taxes. As an alternative to submitting your credit card information online, Secret Compass provides you with the option of paying via Paypal.
We may require a deposit from you for certain Pre-Order or Special Order items. The amount of this deposit of this will be described on the item page on the site. All deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE and will not be returned to you should you decide to cancel your order. By completing a pre-order and submitting a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit you agree to out Pre-Order Terms, and you agree to forfeit this deposit if you cancel your order. You can view our Pre-Order Terms here: http://www.secretcompassonline.com/Pre-Order-Terms-and-Conditions/
If you choose to pay via Paypal, funds will be transferred from your Paypal account immediately. This is Paypal policy.
At our sole discretion, we may require payment via cash, check, or bank transfer. Buyer is responsible for bank transfer fees.
2. Shipping and Handling: When you make a purchase through Secret Compass you agree to pay Shipping and Handling costs associated with your order, designated as "Shipping" in the shopping cart. This includes shipping costs, handling costs and insurance on your item(s).
We ship items as they come in stock. If your order contains both in-stock and pre-order / backordered items your order will be shipped in multiple shipments, as items come in stock. We may be able to hold your shipment until all items are available for shipment, but not in all cases. Please contact us before placing your order so we are prepared for this.
3. Tax: You agree to pay any and all applicable local and/or state taxes required by law to be collected in connection with your purchase.
4. Customs Duties / VAT: International orders may be subject to Customs fees, and Secret Compass is not responsible for any of these fees incurred by your country. If you fail to pay these fees and your order is returned to us, you will be responsible for costs of returning the item to us, including insuring the shipment.
5. Order Cancellations: We pride ourselves on the most hassle-free cancellation policy in the industry. With most in-stock items you may cancel your order at any time up until your item ships, with zero cancellation or restocking fees. With most pre-orders items, you can cancel your order, anytime up until the item is in-stock and ready to ship. "Special Order" items cannot be cancelled for any reason. We reserve the right to refuse business to anyone due to excessive order cancellations.
Any deposits we collect for a Pre-Order are NON-REFUNDABLE should you choose to cancel your order. You can view our Pre-Order Terms here: http://www.secretcompassonline.com/Pre-Order-Terms-and-Conditions/
6. Damaged or Defective Items: If an item is damaged during shipping or has a manufacturer defect, please contact us within 5 days of receiving the item. We may require digital photos of the damage. We are Authorized Dealers of all the products we carry, and in the event of a manufacturer defect we will work directly with the manufacturer, on your behalf, to determine the best course of action. If we determine that damage is due to manufacturer defect or shipping damage we may obtain a replacement for all or part of your order at our expense, including shipping. In some cases repair and partial refund may be an option. If we require the damaged or defective item(s) to be returned we will send you a shipping label to return the item from addresses within the United States. International customers will need to ship the item to us via Airmail (NOT Express) and we will refund the cost of shipping. In the event that we cannot replace your item we will refund the entire amount of your order including shipping and handling.
NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIX THE ITEM. If you attempt to repair an item all warranties are voided and we will not accept returns or give partial refunds.
7. Other Returns: We accept returns, for most items, for any reason up to 14 days after you receive your order, as long as the item is in new, sealed condition. Clothing may only be returned on an exchange basis, for sizing issues only. Contact us first to receive a RMA number - failure to get a RMA number could result in significant delays in processing your return, or could result in us refusing the return. We reserve the right to refuse business to anyone due to excessive returns. All returns are subject to the following conditions:
- A. Items MUST be in as-new, salable condition in order to receive a full refund.
- B. We will not refund shipping fees, and you are responsible for paying shipping costs to return the item to our warehouse.
- C. If we cannot sell the item as new, at our discretion, we reserve the right refuse your return.
- D. Clothing cannot have been worn outdoors and must have all attached tags as provided by the manufacturer. Clothing can only be exchanged, and for sizing issues only. We will not issue refunds on clothing. Leathernext clothing cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason.
- E. All items must have all original packaging and documentation as provided by the manufacturer.
- F. Items returned to us "Refused" or "Return to Sender" will be refunded MINUS initial shipping/handling costs plus any costs incurred to retrieve the item, including shipping and customs duties.
- G. We encourage you to obtain shipping insurance on the item you are returning. We will not be responsible for any damage that may occur when shipping a return.
- H. Refunds on items that originally shipped for free will be purchase price MINUS the original shipping costs we paid to ship the item to you.
- I. Special Order items cannot be returned for any reason.
Please note that damage to an item's packaging does not make the item damaged. We cannot file insurance claims for damaged packaging, and we will not pay return shipping for items with damaged packaging. If you would like us to double-box your item please contact us BEFORE submitting your order. There will be added handling costs associated with this service. This service may not be available on larger packages.
8. Missing Packages: You must contact us within 90 days if you haven't received your package so we can file a claim with the courier. After 90 days we cannot file a claim on missing packages, and we are not responsible for lost packages that are not reported within that time frame.
9. Pre-Orders Items: Pre-order items are not in-stock, and are awaiting release by the manufacturer. These items are listed with an expected shipping date provided by the manufacturer. Please note that we have no control over when the manufacturer releases an item, and there may be delays. By submitting an order for a Pre-Order item you are reserving it.
Many, but not all, of the items we sell can be pre-ordered without paying a deposit at the time of purchase. If you paid a deposit on a pre-order item, the deposit is non refundable and non transferable. You may still cancel the order, but the deposit you paid cannot be refunded. By completing a pre-order and submitting a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit you agree to our Pre-Order Terms, and you agree to forfeit this deposit if you cancel your order. You can view our Pre-Order Terms here: http://www.secretcompassonline.com/Pre-Order-Terms-and-Conditions/
When the pre-order item comes in stock, you will be invoiced for the sale price plus shipping and tax, minus the deposit amount. You have 7 days to pay this invoice. If you haven't paid within 7 days of receipt of the invoice, your order will be cancelled and the item will be sold to the next person in line. In accordance to our Pre-Order Terms, your deposit will be forfeited to Secret Compass.
We may allow customers to make advance payments towards the final balance due on a pre-order item. Any payments you make towards a pre-order that is cancelled by you will not be refunded; such payment will be converted to store credit only.
Secret Compass agrees to hold pre-order deposits for a maximum of 24 months. If the product you have pre-ordered is not available within 18 months of your submitting the order, Secret Compass will, at your discretion, return the deposit and cancel the pre-order. Remember, delays happen, and failure of a manufacturer to meet their specified release date does not warrant cancellation of a pre-order.
Occasionally a manufacturer is not able to fulfill all of our pre-orders. In this case we will fulfill pre-orders in the order they were placed. If we cannot fulfill your pre-order item we will refund any deposit that was collected for the item.
10. Layaway / Payment Plans
We are happy to provide customers with payment plans (also known as layway) on in stock merchandise. This means taking the merchandise off the market and reserving it while a customer makes payments. The terms are prepared on a case by case basis, depending on the merchandise and the customer. Cancellation of orders on layaway will result in a 20% cancellation fee. Sorry, but if we reserve merchandise and forgo any opportunity to make sales with other customers on that merchandise, we are looking at loss of income, lost time, and lost return on advertising, which has to be relaunched in the event of a cancellation.
11. Copyright: The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws, and is the property of Secret Compass. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Secret Compass or purchasing merchandise from Secret Compass. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order with Secret Compass or to purchase merchandise from Secret Compass. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Secret Compass. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
12. Notice: Secret Compass may deliver notice to you on your order or potential order(s) by means of e-mail, a phone call, a general notice on the site, our newsletter, or by other reliable method to the address you have provided to Secret Compass.
13. Limitation of Liability: Secret Compass shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if Secret Compass has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
14. Trademarks: All trademarks, service marks and trade names of Secret Compass used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Secret Compass.
15. Typographical Errors: In the event that a product advertised by Secret Compass is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, Secret Compass reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Secret Compass reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Secret Compass shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
16. Term / Termination: These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by Secret Compass without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
17. Participation Disclaimer: Secret Compass does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the site, Secret Compass is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site. However, Secret Compass reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Secret Compass in its sole discretion.
18. Third-Party Links: In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, Secret Compass may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with Secret Compass. Secret Compass has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of Secret Compass. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, Secret Compass seeks to protect the integrity of its web site and the links placed upon it and therefore requests any feedback on not only its own site, but for sites it links to as well (including if a specific link does not work).
19. Use of Site: Harassment in any manner or form on the site, including via e-mail, chat, or by use of obscene or abusive language, is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others, including a Secret Compass or other licensed employee, host, or representative, as well as other members or visitors on the site is prohibited. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the site any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the site or use the site to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
20. Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Secret Compass, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Service Providers") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.